The Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 is a pressure-side inground pool cleaner which runs on a dedicated pressure line coming from the pool pump.
Its primary advantage over other similar models (the Polaris 280 and 380) is that it does not require an extra booster pump. This saves money when it comes to pump installation costs and electricity usage. The disadvantage is that it is not as powerful as a pool cleaner boosted by a booster pump.
Our review of the Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 looks at its features, warranty, parts, advantages and disadvantages.
Polaris Vac-Sweep 360: Features
- Pressure-side pool cleaner which connects to a dedicated pressure line.
- Made for cleaning inground pools.
- Single chamber filter bag for storing the dirt and debris it collects.
- Back-up valve helps to get it unstuck from corners.
- Tail sweep hose scrubber cleans the area behind the pool cleaner.
- It does not need an extra booster pump: pool pump provides all the pressure.
- Included accessories: 31-foot hose kit, filter bag and operating instructions.
Take note that there is a Polaris 360 Black Max model available which has a black color scheme (view prices). The dark color makes it much less visible if you have an inground swimming pool with a dark floor. Do not buy the Polaris 360 Black Max if you have a pool with a light color bottom: there is a small chance that the plastic wheels might leave dark marks on whitish pool surfaces.
What is the warranty on the Polaris Vac-Sweep 360?
It is covered by a limited warranty. You need to mail the warranty card to Polaris as quickly as possible. Please note that the limited warranty does not cover damage done to vinyl liners or freeze damage to the pool cleaner. It also does not cover wear and tear on certain pool cleaner parts such as the all-purpose bag, MaxTrax tires, sweep hose scrubber, sweep hose and the wear rings.
What parts are included in the box?
- All-purpose filter bag
- Head float
- Pool cleaner body
- Sweep hose
- Sweep hose scrubber
- Replacement eyeball
- Eyeball regulators
- Feed hose
- Hose floats
- Back-up valve
- Pressure tester
- Quick disconnect with universal wall fitting
Is the back-up valve included with the pool cleaner?
The back-up valve is included along with everything you need to connect it to a dedicated pressure line. The pool cleaner goes into reverse every few minutes so that it does not get stuck in a corner somewhere.
What are its advantages?
- Easy to install since it does not need a booster pump installation.
- It pushes leaves, dirt and sand out of the pool and into its own filter bag.
- Pool cleaner does not need an expensive booster pump like the Polaris 280/380 models do.
What are its disadvantages?
- It does not clean as well as the Polaris 280.
- Like most pool cleaners, it does not clean the stairs of a swimming pool.
- You will probably need to replace the filter bag and the tail scrubber once a year.
The Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 is slightly different from the 280 and the 380 models because it does not need an extra booster pump in order to function. It runs on a dedicated pressure line from the pool pump system. This reduces the overall installation cost and electricity consumption of the Polaris 360, although the Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 and 380 models are more powerful and cleans better because of the extra pressure provided by their separate booster pumps.
|If you want a pressure-side automatic pool cleaner that works without a booster pump, then look no further than the Polaris Vac-Sweep 360. You may get the best prices at Amazon.com.|