The Aquabot Turbo T-Jet is a mid-priced robotic pool cleaner. It is designed for cleaning inground pools of various shapes and surfaces.
The Aquabot Turbo T-Jet (model ABTTJET) cleans the floor, walls (if the pool to wall transition is curved) and waterline of a swimming pool. It has its own vacuum pump motor which provides water jet power for its propulsion and suction power for its filter bag filtration system.
The Turbo T-Jet has a 50-foot floating power cable that is inserted into its own power supply box. Its power supply is then connected to a 120 VAC/60Hz GFCI outlet. The E-Z swivel cable device is used to keep the floating cable tangle-free.
On the whole, the Aquabot Turbo T-Jet seems to be easy to use and to maintain. When it comes to cleaning a swimming pool, it takes its time and needs some tweaking to effectively clean most of the pool.
Our Aquabot Turbo T-Jet review looks at its features, questions, advantages and disadvantages.
- 1 Aquabot Turbo T-Jet: Features
- 2 Aquabot Turbo T-Jet: Questions and Answers
- 3 Advantages
- 4 Disadvantages
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Aquabot Turbo T-Jet Video
Aquabot Turbo T-Jet: Features
- Designed for cleaning residential inground swimming pools.
- Round, rectangle, oval, lap, L-shape and kidney pool shapes.
- Vinyl, tile, gunite, fiberglass and concrete pool surfaces.
- It needs a curved transition between floor and wall to clean walls and waterline.
- Power supply unit: 2-hour automatic shut-off or continuous operation.
- Power supply requires a 120 VAC/60Hz GFCI power outlet.
- Its pump motor consumes around 180 watts of power.
- The pool cleaner weighs 10.75 lbs.
- It removes algae, sand and leaves from the swimming pool.
- It mixes the swimming pool water at 75 gallons per minute.
- Non-marring wheels with axle radius pins for adjusting cleaning pattern.
Aquabot Turbo T-Jet: Questions and Answers
What is included with the robotic pool cleaner?
It has its own power supply and 50-foot floating power cable. It comes with two filter bags: a mesh bag for leaves and a 2-micron fine bag for dirt.
What is the warranty on the Aquabot Turbo T-Jet?
Aquabot gives it a 2-year warranty: 100% warranty for the first year and a limited warranty for the second year.
Do you connect it to the pool pump?
No, the Aquabot Turbo T-Jet has its own internal pump motor. It does not need any external pump system in order to clean the pool. You plug its floating power cable into the power supply. Then you plug the power supply into a GFCI power outlet.
Can it be used in a pool with a vinyl liner?
Yes, the Turbo T-Jet can be used in an inground pool that has a vinyl liner. It has non-marring wheels that will not hurt the pool liner. The wheels are not powered and will not leave spin marks. It also does not have brushes that might scrape the liner. What it does have is the unique powered washing jets at the sides which jet clean water at the dirt. The water jets do not damage the pool liner.
Can it climb and clean the pool walls?
Yes, it will climb the walls unless the transition between the pool floor and wall is a sharp right angle. It needs a curved transition to make it up the wall. Another thing that might prevent it from getting up the wall is filter bags that are dirty and heavy with debris. Adjusting the internal buoyancy floats might also improve its wall climbing performance.
- It uses a lot less electricity than the pool pump.
- It has a simple design with only one pump motor for suction, water jets and propulsion.
- The pool filter system needs less cleaning because the Aquabot removes much of the dirt.
- You may need to adjust its buoyancy by adding extra floats.
- Its power supply does not have an adjustable timer function.
- The robotic pool cleaner will move slowly or not at all if its filter bags are dirty.
The Aquabot Turbo T-Jet is an economical robotic pool cleaner, but its customer reviews are sometimes lukewarm. It needs several hours to clean a swimming pool, so the 2-hour automatic shut-off function might not provide enough time for the pool cleaner to clean the pool. You will probably end up using the continuous run operation most of the time.
|If you spend the time making small adjustments to its operation, then you might have a useful little robotic cleaner for your inground swimming pool. You may find out what customers are saying about the Aquabot Turbo T-Jet and get the best prices by visiting Amazon.com.|